BROADSTAIRS & ST PETER’S TOWN COUNCIL
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE EVENTS, LEISURE AND TOURISM COMMITTEE
Updated and approved by Council at the meeting of Monday 25
September 2023 minute 256
• The Events, Leisure & Tourism Committee shall consist of a minimum of
• Councillor members shall have full voting rights on the committee.
• At the first meeting of the committee after the Annual Meeting of the Town
Council the Committee shall elect a Chairman and Vice Chairman for the
forthcoming year from amongst the committee membership. The Chairman
and Vice Chairman may be re-elected.
• The annual budgeting process will allocate funds to the Committee which
will propose how they will be spent.
• The Clerk to the Council or an appropriate officer shall provide
administrative support for the Committee.
FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS
• The Committee will normally meet four times per year, typically in
March, June, September and January. The schedule will be established
by the Clerk and the Chairman of the Committee and published along
with all other committee meetings.
• Meetings will take place at Pierremont Hall or other suitable venue or
online subject to legislation and will be open to the public.
COMMITTEE FUNCTIONS –
The Committee shall consider events and other matters which benefit the
leisure and tourism sectors of the town.