BROADSTAIRS & ST PETER’S TOWN COUNCIL
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR
Approved by Council on 26 April 2021- updated June 2023
· The Environment Committee shall consist of a minimum of five Councillors.
· The Council’s Volunteer Tree Warden in an advisory capacity when requested.
· Councillor members shall have full voting rights on the committee.
· Non-councillor members shall have no voting rights.
· At the first meeting of the Environment Committee after the Annual Meeting of the Town Council the Committee shall elect a Chairman and Vice Chairman for the forthcoming year from amongst the committee membership. The Chairman and Vice Chairman may be re-elected.
· The committee will submit minutes of their meetings to the next meeting of the Full Council Committee and seek approval for recommendations made.
· The annual budgeting process will allocate funds to the Environment Committee which will propose how they will be spent.
· The Clerk to the Council or an appropriate officer shall provide administrative support for the Committee.
· The quorum for the committee shall be three. Business cannot be transacted with fewer than three voting members present.
FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS
· The Committee will normally meet bi-monthly. The schedule will be established by the Clerk and the Chairman of the Committee and published along with all other committee meetings.
· Meetings will take place at Pierremont Hall or other suitable venue or via Zoom and will be open to the public.
COMMITTEE FUNCTIONS –
The committee shall undertake actions and priorities as identified in the Environmental Strategy adopted by Council on Monday 25 January 2021 (min 398)