The Broadstairs and St.Peter's Neighbourhood Development Plan Evidence base 1st edition
Evidence Base 1st edition
1. 2011 Census Data for the Parish of Broadstairs & St. Peter'sOffice for National Statistics Census Data.
2. Stage 1- Survey Establishing the boundary and key themesA resident questionnaire was undertaken in late 2014 and early 2015, which was used to gauge the views of the residents of the town and ideas for the town moving forward.
3. Stage 2- Housing Needs SurveyWork was undertaken in the latter part of 2015 and early 2016 to ascertain any housing need or requirement the town might have, and whether this could be addressed in the Neighbourhood Development Plan
4. Stage 3a- Issues and Options Survey
5. Stage 3a- Issues and Options Survey ResultsAn 8 week consultation was held on the Neighbourhood Development Plan Issues and Options Report between the 28th July and 22nd September 2017 to set out the issues and options for what could be included in the final NDP.
6. Stage 3b- Short survey for 'hard-to-reach' groupsA short 'snap' survey was undertaken at the same time as the Issues and Options Survey to establish if the earlier consultation data was still relevant and to gain comments and opinions from hard-to-reach groups.
7. 2011 Design Statement
8. Significant Routes and ViewsA background document setting out all of the key views and routes in the Broadstairs & St. Peter's area.
9. Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulation Assessment:SEA and HRA Screening DeterminationSEA and HRA Screening Report August 2017 Thanet District Council undertook a screening assessment on the Neighbourhood Plan Issues and Options Report during the summer of 2017. Following responses from Natural England, the Environment Agency and Historic England, it was concluded in November 2017 that the final Neighbourhood Development Plan is unlikely to have significant environmental effects and therefore a full Strategic Environmental Assessment is not needed. It also concluded that the plan will not have an adverse effect on the integrity of internationally designated sites and therefore a Habitats Regulation will not be needed.
10. Local Green Spaces in Broadstairs & St. Peter'sA background document setting out the methodology and results for assessing which local green spaces should be allocated in the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
11. Housing DataA background document setting out background planning information from Thanet District Council for the Broadstairs & St. Peter's area, includes housing completions and key housing and economic statistics.
12. Regulation 15 Consultation StatementA consultation statement that sets out all of the consultation that has been undertaken on the plan, including the statutory bodies and organisations that have to be consulted in accordance with Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations (2012).
13. Town Council Planning Committee- reasons for planning application refusalA background document setting out the main reasons for Planning Application refusal since May 2016 made by the Town Council Planning Committee
14. An Economic Plan For Broadstairs 2016
A DCLG funded report, which provides evidence and strategy to bring jobs, growth and prosperity back to the resort town of Broadstairs in light of the social and economic challenges the area is facing.
15. Broadstairs & St. Peter's Neighbourhood Development Plan 2018-2031 pre-submission version (Regulation 14)
16. Response to comments on the Regulation 14 Neighbourhood Development Plan
17. Basic Condition StatementThis document explains how the Regulation 16 submission version of the Broadstairs & St. Peter's Neighbourhood Development Plan meets the basic conditions set by the Localism Act 2011, with which all neighbourhood plans must comply.
18. Basic Condition Statement Review (2019)The regulations on how a Basic Condition Statement should be drafted changed on the 28th December 2018. An independent Ecology firm has reviewed the Basic Condition Statement November 2018 (background document 17) to establish if it is now in accordance with the Conservation of Habitats and Species and Planning (Various Amendments) (England and Wales) Regulations 2018.
1. Procedural Matters
2. Response to questions asked by the Examiner (2019)Response to QuestionsMap of TDC Housing Sites